Photo (from left): Michal Poustka (Board), Dr. Jan Mergl, Jana Jakšová (staff), Karin Bille, Philip Burger (staff), Anne Petters (Board), Heinz Fischer (Board), Dr. Sven Hauschke, Heidi Wolf (Board), Sarah Höchstetter (staff), Katharina Eisch-Angus (Board), Erwin Eisch, Wolfgang Köster, Gretel Eisch, Mark Angus (Board).
On Sunday, 9th July the new Advisory Panel of Bild-Werk Frauenau had its founding meeting. The nine members of the panel, who work voluntarily and will serve for a period of five years, include regional and international experts. Among them are experienced representatives of the studio glass movement, the regional and nationwide arts and culture scene as well as the glass industry.
The advisory panel is anchored in the associations’ statute of December 2016. It is created to give advice to the six members of the Bild-Werk Board, as well as to the different workgroups, on specific questions. The members of the Advisory Panel will support Bild-Werk with their expert knowledge and will assist in developing further the association by active networking.
The constitutive meeting took place in the studio called “Heaven” that is part of the picturesque setting of the International Summer Academy in Frauenau. At the meeting members of the board, employees of the academy and members of the Advisory Panel discussed current projects and future challenges. Priority will be given to securing the future of Bild-Werk, which has taken root in the glass region of the Bavarian Forest for 30 years.
Members of the advisory panel are:
• Shane Fero, artist, former president of Glass Art Society, Penland/USA
• Nadania Idriss, gallerist, Berlin Glas e.V., Berlin/D
• Pavel Kopřiva, artist and director of the Glass School of Kamenický Šenov/CZ
• Dr. Jan Mergl, Western Bohemian Museum, Plzeň/CZ
• Christian Bayerl, Gallery Kuns(t)räume grenzenlos, Bayerisch Eisenstein/D
• Dr. Sven Hauschke, European Museum for Modern Glass, Coburg/D
• Eberhard Eisch, Eisch Glassworks, Frauenau/D
• Wolfgang Köster, solicitor, Erwin and Gretel Eisch Foundation, Frauenau/D
• Karin Bille, designer, Chamber of Crafts Rheinhessen, Mainz/D